🕊️🙅🏾♀️🙅🏾People Are Not Property🚫🕋
Greetings Lovelies,
I write this March 2026. It never published. Part two is written. So here goes the foundation.
True leaders do not need to control people.
They don’t possess.
They don’t pull.
They don’t compete over bodies, loyalty, or proximity.
Because leaders understand something fundamental:
People are free.
They come with gifts from God.
They carry assignments, insight, and capacity.
And they serve in purpose where they are led, not where they are manipulated.
Control Is Not Leadership
What I’m seeing more and more especially among adults who should know better, is people fighting over people.
Women fighting over people.
Men fighting over people.
Business owners fighting over people.
Pulling. Pressuring. Guilt-tripping. Positioning.
Treating relationships like territory instead of trust.
Let’s name it plainly:
That is not leadership.
That is insecurity wearing authority.
People Are Not Assets to Be Owned
People are not:
- Property
- Pawns
- Extensions of your brand
- Proof of your relevance
- Tools to soothe your ego
They are autonomous human beings with agency, discernment, and divine direction.
When someone is gifted, capable, or visible, insecure leaders try to possess instead of partner.
They say things like:
- “They belong with us.”
- “We built them.”
- “They owe loyalty.”
- “They can’t move without permission.”
That mindset is not stewardship.
It’s entitlement.
The Spiritual Truth Behind Control
Control is rooted in fear.
Fear of being replaced.
Fear of being exposed.
Fear of being left behind.
But fear has never been a leadership strategy, it’s a red flag.
God does not anoint possession.
God anoints purpose.
People move where they are aligned.
They stay where they are honored.
They leave where they are managed instead of respected.
Especially to Women: Stop Competing for People
This needs to be said clearly and without apology.
Women pulling on other women.
Women fighting for proximity.
Women policing loyalty.
That is not sisterhood.
That is scarcity thinking.
You don’t win by controlling people.
You win by creating environments so healthy that people choose to contribute.
Secure women don’t compete for people.
They collaborate with purpose.
Business Owners: This Will Cost You
If you build your company on control:
- You will burn bridges
- You will lose talent
- You will shrink your ecosystem
- You will repel innovation
- You will stall growth
People do their best work when they are trusted, not trapped.
The most powerful organizations are not built on loyalty contracts, they’re built on mutual respect and shared vision.
My Position Is Clear
I refuse to sell myself short.
I refuse to sell myself out.
I refuse to be controlled.
I am not owned.
I am not managed by fear.
I am not available for territorial behavior disguised as leadership.
I serve where I am aligned.
I contribute where I am respected.
I move where purpose leads.
Final Word
People are not property.
Not in friendships.
Not in ministries.
Not in movements.
Not in business.
Leadership is not possession.
Leadership is permission.
If someone has to be controlled to stay, they were never truly aligned.
Let people be free.
What’s meant to build with you will choose you, without force.
Lady Erin Love💋
Comments
Post a Comment