🗣️🔊I repeat, People🙅🏾♀️🙅🏾 Are 🚫Not🚫 Property🕋
Hello Lovelies,
It’s August, 2026
It has been a while.
Life has moved. Seasons have shifted. Relationships have changed. Business has stretched me. Leadership has taught me. And after a long, wild ride, I am writing again.
Rhythm restored.
Flow unlocked.
Truth ready.
Hear me clearly, people are not property.
They are not possessions to be claimed, territories to be defended, or resources to be controlled.
People are free.
They come into this world carrying gifts from God, personal agency, lived experiences, and assignments that may extend far beyond one person, one relationship, one organization, or one season.
A person can love you and still be called elsewhere.
A person can support your work and still have work of their own.
A person can contribute to your vision without surrendering their identity, voice, relationships, or freedom.
Healthy leaders understand this.
Controlling people do not.
Control Is Not Leadership
Real leadership does not need to possess people.
It does not demand ownership of their time, connections, influence, creativity, or loyalty.
Leadership provides direction without domination.
It creates structure without suffocation.
It establishes standards without stripping people of their agency.
Control, however, often disguises itself well.
It may sound like concern.
It may present itself as loyalty.
It may hide behind friendship, partnership, mentorship, ministry, employment, or love.
But beneath it, the message is often the same:
“You can be free, as long as your freedom does not threaten my position.”
That is not leadership.
That is fear wearing authority.
Territorial Behavior Is a Scarcity Response
I have watched women fight over people.
I have watched men compete for loyalty.
I have watched business owners become territorial over employees, contractors, clients, partners, and relationships.
People are pulled in multiple directions, pressured to prove allegiance, and made to feel guilty for building relationships beyond one circle.
That behavior is not strength.
It is scarcity.
It is the belief that another connection reduces your value.
It is the fear that if someone learns elsewhere, serves elsewhere, grows elsewhere, or becomes visible elsewhere, you will somehow become less important.
But secure people do not need to isolate others to remain significant.
Secure leaders do not destroy relationships to protect relevance.
Secure business owners do not fear talented people having multiple gifts, networks, or opportunities.
They understand that purpose is expansive.
There is room.
There is work.
There is more than enough.
People Are Not Extensions of Your Ego
A person is not valuable only because they serve your vision.
They are not successful only because you introduced them to an opportunity.
They do not owe permanent access because you helped them during one season.
Yes, gratitude matters.
Yes, honor matters.
Yes, integrity matters.
But gratitude is not ownership.
Honor is not bondage.
Loyalty is not the surrender of personal discernment.
We must stop treating support as a lifetime purchase agreement.
Helping someone does not make them your property.
Mentoring someone does not make them your possession.
Employing someone does not give you authority over their entire life.
Introducing someone to your network does not mean you own every relationship that develops from that introduction.
Stewardship and possession are not the same thing.
This Matters in Business
Business owners must understand this clearly.
Your employees are not property.
Your contractors are not property.
Your consultants are not property.
Your clients are not property.
Your partners are not property.
You may have agreements that define roles, confidentiality, intellectual property, non-solicitation, deliverables, or commercial boundaries. Those agreements matter and should be honored.
But a contract defines the work.
It does not erase a person’s humanity.
Strong businesses do not rely on emotional pressure to retain people.
They build systems worth staying in.
They communicate expectations.
They compensate fairly.
They document processes.
They respect boundaries.
They develop talent.
They create pathways for growth.
People should not have to shrink to prove commitment.
A leader should not require personal control in order to achieve organizational alignment.
Governance should create clarity.
It should not become a weapon for possession.
This Matters in Relationships
People are not property in personal relationships either.
Love is not ownership.
Friendship is not control.
Partnership is not captivity.
You do not prove love by surrendering your voice.
You do not prove loyalty by abandoning every relationship that makes another person uncomfortable.
You do not prove commitment by allowing someone to monitor, manipulate, isolate, or manage your every movement.
Love should create safety.
It should make room for honesty.
It should respect individuality.
It should strengthen a person’s ability to become whole, wise, and responsible.
Any relationship that requires you to become smaller so another person can feel bigger is not operating from love.
It is operating from fear.
This Matters Among Women
Women, we must tell the truth about territorial behavior among us.
We cannot keep preaching sisterhood while competing for people behind closed doors.
We cannot celebrate collaboration publicly while privately pressuring people to choose sides.
We cannot call ourselves builders while pulling people out of rooms simply because we did not control the invitation.
Another woman’s relationships do not diminish yours.
Another woman’s leadership does not erase yours.
Another woman’s access does not remove your inheritance.
There is no need to fight over people who have the capacity to support multiple assignments with honesty and clear boundaries.
Let people choose.
Let people discern.
Let people move in integrity.
Healthy collaboration is not forced proximity.
It is mutual respect.
I Refuse to Be Controlled
My position is clear.
I refuse to sell myself short in order to make another person feel secure.
I refuse to sell myself out for access, approval, money, relationship, visibility, or belonging.
I refuse to be pulled between people who believe my freedom is a threat.
I will honor my commitments.
I will communicate clearly.
I will serve with excellence.
I will protect confidentiality.
I will respect agreements.
But I will not surrender my God-given agency to satisfy another person’s need for control.
I am not property.
My gifts are not property.
My relationships are not property.
My purpose is not property.
I serve where I am led.
I build where there is alignment.
I remain where there is mutual honor.
And I leave spaces that demand possession instead of partnership.
Leaders Release People
True leaders do not collect people.
They cultivate them.
They do not hoard talent.
They develop it.
They do not fear what people may become beyond them.
They help prepare people for it.
Leadership says:
“I will teach you what I know.”
“I will give you room to grow.”
“I will honor what you carry.”
“I will not punish you for evolving.”
“I will not confuse your freedom with betrayal.”
That is how legacy is built.
Your leadership is not proven by how many people depend on you.
It is proven by how many people become stronger, wiser, freer, and more capable because you led them well.
Final Word
People are not property.
Not in business.
Not in ministry.
Not in friendship.
Not in family.
Not in love.
People belong to God and are responsible for stewarding their own lives, gifts, decisions, and assignments.
You can invite them.
You can lead them.
You can employ them.
You can love them.
You can build with them.
But you cannot own them.
Release the need to control.
Respect the gift.
Honor the choice.
Trust what is aligned to remain without manipulation.
What is truly assigned to you will not require imprisonment to stay.
Let people be free.
Let purpose lead.
Let healthy alignment choose the room.
Comments
Post a Comment